Home Forums best cheap headphones?

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Marva 8 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

admin
    Keymaster

I have been into video editing for awhile, it wa snothing professional of even close to good. It was more or less for my personal collection. But now I have an Canon HF R100 HD camcorder with external mic and headphone jack. My problem is headsets, I wont a good heaset that I can use for audio monitoring through the Camcorder. I dont have a lot of money and looking for a cheap but decent set. If you have any ideas let me know.

Jose

for monitoring audio although shooting video a noise-cancelling set of earphones would be an asset, as birdcat suggested. I’ve have not utilized noise-cancelling ones but, myself. A further alternative for monitoring audio though shooting is an over the ear set which physically cover the ear, this helps to filter out extraneous noise and assists you monitor the audio that you are recording. Best Invest in hasSony MDR 570 LP for $25. Any set of phones that you are going to use for monitoring audio, no matter if while recording in the field or even though editing on your laptop, ought to have as ‘flat’ a response as probable. This suggests that they do not boost bass or otherwiseaugment any frequency that you hear. this way what you are hearingis closeto what you are recording.For monitoring audio while editing, I use either Sony MDR-V150 (on the ear, wide frequency variety, long cord, $20-Greatest Acquire) or Koss K240 (over the ear studio monitor, wide frequency,600 ohm model, paid $two.50 at flea industry!). I would recommend going to a shop and attempting before you purchase. Listen for frequency variety (organic high, middle and low range) and eliminating background sounds (if making use of for field recording). Good shooting.

Lee

Thank you also for the sound assistance.So no head set with bass boost for in the field or for editing.

Henry

If you are hunting ideal Inexpensive headphone so you really should buy Koss Porta Pro. Koss hit a home run with the PortaPros.There’s no denying the sound high-quality right here: they are the ideal companion for mobile audiophiles and property theater enthusiasts.

Joshua

I have some Skullcandy brand headphones that I wouldn’t part with. I got them for Christmas with a Best Buy gift card. They cost $32 and offer great sounds. They’re not noise cancelling and then don’t completely cover the ear. Go to Best Buy and try out all their headphones.

Aline

thanks for the information I truly appreciate it. Been possessing problems discovering something beneficial on google about it. I do want to apologize for my undesirable spelling on my initially post it was late and I was finding tired.

Sonia

Sony has a pair of noise canceling headphones for $50 at Ideal Obtain – I’ve had these for years and they are superior for on camera monitoring as nicely as plugged in to my Pc for editing. I did obtain a set of the Bose ear buds for my wife for $one hundred and she says they’re wonderful.

Lorene

The Sony headphones are low cost (BestBuy $25-$50) and nicely worth it. We have 4-five pairs of them lying around and they seem to tolerate all sorts of abuse and stay functional.

Jacqueline

I thank all of you for the great assist on this challenge. I have decided to g with Sony’s MDR-V150 for the reason that $20 isnt undesirable for a decent pair of headsets. I would go $50 for a set but have other props and so on to finance for my movie even with constructing some its having expensive. Grinner I would do the exact same but cant stand them issues, dont know why either. Again thank you for all of your help everybody.

Marva

One thing- monitoring a shoot with noise canceling cans can result in some surprises back in the editing bay… I did it once and didn’t notice the buzz in the footage until it was too late.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.